TO: All Parishioners
FROM: The Pastoral Council
RE: Minutes of February 9, 2010 meeting
Minutes Pastoral Council Meeting - February 9, 2010
1. Msgr. Bauhoff reported that the Movie Night of Friday, January 29th was an enjoyable evening for those parishioners
who attended. Everyone enjoyed each others company, the presentation and the snacks.
2. The Pasta Dinner has been scheduled for Saturday, March 13th, immediately after the 5:00 Mass. PieSano/Buongusto
Restaurant will prepare the pasta.
3. The members discussed the Church Sign in the parking lot. It was agreed that the glass front needs to be replaced.
A member presented some ideas to make the contents of the sign more attractive.
4. The members then discussed the 25th Anniversary of Our Lady of Hope to be celebrated in 2012. Msgr. Bauhoff reported
that some parishioners already submitted some material for consideration. Several ideas were discussed and the Council
members decided we need to set up a 25th Anniversary Committee.
5. There was a brief discussion about Vocation's Awareness and the response of parishioners to accept responsibility to
commit to praying for an increase in Religious Vocations for a week. Deacon Pat explained that there have been
volunteers to date but that we definitely need more families to respond. The members then discussed the fact that
religious vocations are rarely discussed in Church. Msgr. Bauhoff suggested that perhaps he would invite a Sister,
Brother, Deacon or Priest to visit periodically to speak at all the weekend Masses about Religious Vocations.
6. There were two other topics presented and briefly discussed. One was a possible parish outing to a Long Island Ducks
game and the second was the possibility of a parish picnic at Eisenhower Park.
7. Msg. Bauhoff mentioned that the Diocese announced a Diocesan Pilgrimage to the National Shrine in Washington DC for
Saturday, April 10th• More details to follow. Also, Msgr. Bauhoff reported that there would be an upcoming
presentation inviting parishioners to consider making a Cursillo.
Return to home page
last edit 2/28/10. Contact Webmaster@olhope.org.