Our Mission Statement
We, the parish family of Our Lady of Hope, commit ourselves to continue the mission of Jesus Christ, to proclaim His Gospel, and to love one another as He loves us. We are a welcoming community of faith, guided by the Holy Spirit and centered on God’s Word and the Eucharist. Through the Sacraments, prayer, and the stewardship of our God-given gifts, we provide opportunities to grow closer to God and to serve members of the community.
*** Church office will be closed Monday, February 19 in observance of President’s Day***
*** Religious Education office is closed Monday, February 19th through Sunday, February 25. Classes Resume Monday February 25***
Please join us Fridays during Lent for the station of the Cross at 7:30pm
– Easter Flower Envelopes Due by Monday March 5th
– Journey, Cross & Crucifixion: Wednesday, March 7th @ 8pm Journey_Cross_and_Crucifixion_2018Flyer
– Blood Drive: March 10, 2018
– Lenten Retreat: March 12, 13, 14 @7:30pm in the church (see flyer) Lenten retreat 2018
– Baptism Preparation Class: March 18th @ 11AM Lower Church
– Lent 2018 letter from Bishop Barres to the people of the diocese: Lent 2018-Bishop’s Letter
Fast and abstinence practice:
Fasting obliges all Catholics (from ages 18 to 59 inclusive) to fast on Ash Wednesday and Good Friday. On the fast days, we may take one full meal, two smaller meals and no snacking in between meals. Abstinence obliges all Catholics (14 years and older) to abstain from meat on Ash Wednesday, Good Friday AND all other Fridays of Lent.